Allargue Estate - Colonal Miff Tuck
Highland Eco-design was engaged to carry out the design, construction and installation of a 11kw medium head micro hydro scheme This work included
- Obtaining all abstraction licence, planning and environmental consents.
- A new scheme construction using culvert and pressure pipe with a new custom built intake structure and screening arrangement.
- The design and construction of a new turbine house to meet aesthetic planning conditions within the Cairngorms National Park.
- The installation of a crossflow turbine with generator and control equipment.
- grid connection and testing to engineering reccomendation g83/1.
This scheme was connected to the main house and cottage for on-site consumption.
Main parameters: head 20m, flow 100l/sec, energy yield 45,000kwh, output 11kw, co2 saving 23 tons