Highland Eco-design was engaged to carry out the design, construction and installation of a 14kw high head micro hydro scheme. This work included:
- Obtaining the abstraction licence, planning consent and grid connection permit.
- The utilisation of an existing disused small dam using a new custom built intake structure and screening arrangement.
- The laying of 500m of high pressure pipeline from an existing cast iron pipe to a new turbine location.
- The design and construction of a new turbine house to meet aesthetic planning conditions.
- The installation of a pelton impulse turbine with generator and control equipment.
- Grid connection and testing to engineering reccomendation g83/1.
Main parameters: head 85m, flow 30l/sec, energy yield 63,033kwh, output 14kw, co2 saving 31 tons.
Highland Eco-design was also involved in the design, construction and installation of a 20Kw Archimedean screw system at Haddo Estate in conjunction with Mannpower Consulting Ltd.
Main parameters: head 5m, flow 500l/sec, energy yield 85,594kwh, output 20kw, co2 saving 42 tons